Berlin Art Link conducts strategic marketing, communications and event logistics for individuals, galleries, artists, and curators in Berlin and various U.S. cities. Our aim is to share—whether through our website, services or projects—our enthusiasm for the contemporary Berlin art community. With an expanded network and knowledge of these regional art markets, we bridge gaps in the international art industry, fulfilling the unique need of connecting artists with integral partners—other artists, galleries, and curators.
By interning with Berlin Art Link, you will gain valuable exposure and insight to artist studio visits, local and international curatorial projects, exhibitions and current events, and the overall ins-and-outs of the contemporary art scene of Berlin.
Berlin Art Link Internships
▪ Flexible schedule: 10 hours/week, 2 weekly meetings (5 hours) with BAL
▪ Minimum commitment of 4 months
▪ Local residents preferred
▪ All internships are unpaid
▪ Open to college students who are eligible to receive course credit for their work experience through a certified educational institution—must be arranged by the student and their institution.
MARKETING & EVENT MANAGEMENT INTERN
Berlin Art Link seeks 1—2 motivated marketing interns. Responsibilities will include: Assisting Managing Director with various tasks related to BerlinArtLink.com and Berlin Art Link business services (Marketing/Communications/Event Management). Research on current events in art, exhibitions, and the creative industry in Berlin. Marketing/PR writing for website and business service projects.
▪ Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills
▪ 1+ years of Marketing, event management and/or public relations experience in an arts industry organization, institution or publication.
▪ Experience, working knowledge or active interest in the Contemporary Art industry is a must!
▪ Independent work habits requiring minimal supervision
▪ Proficiency in computing with working knowledge of Mac operating system, Microsoft Office/Excel, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop (basic level)
▪ Experience in marketing and promotions utilizing social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram
▪ Basic understanding of contemporary art trends and art history is preferred
▪ Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
▪ Fluency in German is a plus, but not mandatory.
The candidate should be resourceful, responsible, a self-starter, and able to learn quickly. Experience working with Web-based publishing tools, blogging, technical writing, and social networking skills are a plus.
Qualified candidates should reply to this post with Marketing Internship in the subject line. Include resume and cover letter. Please include availability and start date.
EDITORIAL INTERNSHIP—WRITING ASSISTANT
Berlin Art Link is looking for 2 outstanding editorial interns. Responsibilities include: Assisting the co-directors with research, fact-checking, and writing articles. Interns may assist with artist studio visits, interviews, and exhibition reviews, and more.
Ideal candidates must have a working knowledge and strong interest in contemporary art, art history, design, architecture, or fashion and will be eager to create and contribute content to our website and marketing materials specific to the contemporary arts community. The candidate should be resourceful, responsible, a self-starter, and able to learn quickly.
▪ Native English level (or equivalent) written and oral skills
▪ Previous experience in art writing or critique
▪ Experience working with web-based publishing tools, blogging, technical writing, and/or social networking skills
Qualified candidates should reply to this post with Writing Assistant in the subject line. Include resume, cover letter, and writing samples from blogs or writing excerpts. Please include availability and start date.