Berlin and Los Angeles-based artist Jonas Wendelin’s first solo exhibition at Dittrich & Schlechtriem, titled ‘Only,’ engages in manufacturing an alternative reality, pursuing futuristic narratives and themes of hope in dystopia. A fictional architectural installation made up of found objects and jarred preserves gives the illusion of a space quickly abandoned in the aftermath of a life-changing event. Using collaboration as a tool to build the exhibition, Wendelin's show also includes the exposed archive of the gallery, a publication compiled and edited by the artist, called ‘The Allusion,’ as well as a series of otherworldly ceramic sculptures. Wendelin walked us through the exhibition, now showing at Dittrich & Schlechtriem until August 29th, 2020. Video by MONA for Berlin Art Link, produced by Monica Salazar, filmed and edited by Peter Cairns.
- Exploring Black Masculinity From a Queer Perspective: An Interview with Jasco Viefhues
- Virtual Viewing: Art to See Online Now
- The 36th Edition of Interfilm Festival Goes Online
- THE WEEK Oct. 26–Nov. 1, 2020
- Try a Little Tenderness: An Interview with Beatrice Gibson
- Open Call for Sonic Acts Home-Based Residency 2020
- The Networked Image: Anna Mikkola’s ‘Ghosts (redux)’ at L’INCONNUE Berlin
- Limited Call for Submissions to Rundgang50Hertz 2020
is a digital magazine focused on contemporary art and culture around the world from a Berlin perspective. Through the publication of studio visits, feature-length articles, exhibition reviews and interviews, we aim to facilitate an ongoing conversation between creative professionals, art enthusiasts, and journalists. The website also serve as a guide to Berlin’s art scene through weekly event postings, gallery guides, open calls for residencies and more. Berlin Art Link is published by MONA.