The ninth edition of Momentum, the Nordic Biennial of Contemporary Art, was held from June 17 to October 11, 2017 in Moss, just outside Oslo, Norway. Since its inception in 1998, the festival has been one of the most exciting platforms for Nordic art and artistic ventures that engage with the Nordic context. The five curators were respectively from Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Iceland, but the participating artists were from all over the world. This acknowledgement of global interconnectedness is key to understanding the theme of 2017’s biennial, ‘Alienation’.
- Berlin Art Week 2020 Announces Physical (and Digital) Program for 9th Edition
- Biopolitics and Coloniality in the Pandemic: An Interview with Luiza Prado de O. Martins
- Screenings and Artist Talk: Christa Joo Hyun D’Angelo’s ‘Past, Present, Tense’
- Foundwork Artist Prize 2020: Seeking Contemporary Artists
- Against Extractivism: An Interview with Fannie Sosa
- Colonial Histories and Cultural Heritage: Barbara Marcel at Berlinische Galerie’s IBB Video Space
- Political Art for an Uneasy Time: ‘John Heartfield – Photography plus Dynamite’ at Akademie der Künste
- THE WEEK Aug. 03–23, 2020
is a digital magazine focused on contemporary art and culture around the world from a Berlin perspective. Through the publication of studio visits, feature-length articles, exhibition reviews and interviews, we aim to facilitate an ongoing conversation between creative professionals, art enthusiasts, and journalists. The website also serve as a guide to Berlin’s art scene through weekly event postings, gallery guides, open calls for residencies and more. Berlin Art Link is published by MONA.