Paris-based multimedia artist Fayçal Baghriche was born in 1972 in Algeria, and is currently based in Paris. As an artist, he is concerned with tracing images that disrupt simple representational identification. Baghriche works primarily in photography, video, performance and sculpture. We spoke with Baghriche at Satellite, a studio space developed in 2011 by American media artist James Clar and curator Rami Farook in Al Serkal, Dubai. Baghriche spent three months at the Satellite residency in March of 2012, during which time he produced two site-specific works commissioned by Art Dubai as part of their A.I.R. residencies program.
- Open Call for the Core Program at MFA Houston
- The Year of Black Healing: An Interview with Grace Ndiritu
- Imagined Narratives in the Work of Oscar Muñoz at carlier | gebauer
- An Alternative History: Bucharest’s Salonul de Proiecte at Spike Berlin
- ‘Phase Shifting Index’ at Centre Pompidou: An Interview with Jeremy Shaw
- Open Call for Musicboard Berlin’s Scholarships and Residencies Program
- Open Call for 7th Moscow International Biennale for Young Art
- THE WEEK Feb. 24 – Mar. 01, 2020
is a digital magazine focused on contemporary art and culture around the world from a Berlin perspective. Through the publication of studio visits, feature-length articles, exhibition reviews and interviews, we aim to facilitate an ongoing conversation between creative professionals, art enthusiasts, and journalists. The website also serve as a guide to Berlin’s art scene through weekly event postings, gallery guides, open calls for residencies and more. Berlin Art Link is published by MONA.