Belgian artist Rinus van de Velde‘s large-scale charcoal drawing exhibition ‘The Colony’ has dominated the upper altar space of König Galerie since mid-March. During the installation of the show, van de Velde told us about the concept behind his exhibition, which he presents as a fictional, esoteric artists’ colony, creating a narrative atop his interpretations of stylistic tendencies by art historical icons in a visually powerful and lively homage.
- Colonial Histories and Cultural Heritage: Barbara Marcel at Berlinische Galerie’s IBB Video Space
- Political Art for an Uneasy Time: ‘John Heartfield – Photography plus Dynamite’ at Akademie der Künste
- THE WEEK Aug. 03–23, 2020
- STEPHANIE COMILANG
- Subcultural Identities and Modern Myth-Making: An Interview with Victoria E Pullen
- Spatial Listening in MONOM’s Sound Sculpture Gallery
- THE WEEK July 27–Aug. 02, 2020
- Open call for CROSS Award 2020: Production Projects on Territory & Community
is a digital magazine focused on contemporary art and culture around the world from a Berlin perspective. Through the publication of studio visits, feature-length articles, exhibition reviews and interviews, we aim to facilitate an ongoing conversation between creative professionals, art enthusiasts, and journalists. The website also serve as a guide to Berlin’s art scene through weekly event postings, gallery guides, open calls for residencies and more. Berlin Art Link is published by MONA.