Swiss-artist Olaf Breuning spent 16 years developing his practice in New York City before moving Upstate to find a measure of solitude in his work environment. Functioning as both an archive of past work and a place for new creative explorations, the former two-car garage that houses Breuning's studio provides a haven for contemplation. Berlin Art Link Productions visited his Upstate New York studio and home to discuss his working process in a moment of career transition and to talk about the works of photography, drawing, sculpture, and film that connect in a distinct visual language over the span of his career and how he sees his artistic process evolving over the last decades.
- THE WEEK Feb. 17-23, 2020
- me Collectors Room Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Special Exhibition
- Open Call for Dlectricity 2020 Festival of Art and Light in Detroit
- Henrik Potter’s ‘Souls’ at PSM Gallery
- Inaugural Henie Onstad Triennial for Photography and New Media Opens This Month
- Environmental Devastation and Colonial Trauma: ‘Presence in the Absence’ at Alexander Levy
- Open Call for Art Inside Out Residency in Sweden
- Berlinale 2020 Forum Expanded Hit List
is a digital magazine focused on contemporary art and culture around the world from a Berlin perspective. Through the publication of studio visits, feature-length articles, exhibition reviews and interviews, we aim to facilitate an ongoing conversation between creative professionals, art enthusiasts, and journalists. The website also serve as a guide to Berlin’s art scene through weekly event postings, gallery guides, open calls for residencies and more. Berlin Art Link is published by MONA.