Argentinian artist Tomás Saraceno’s Berlin studio is a space for experimentation and testing out intricate ideas. It contains a room devoted to his spiders, who form the basis of Saraceno’s ‘Arachnophilia’ project. Since 2006, Saraceno has been engaged in arachnid research from the perspective of the web. We spoke to the artist during his recent exhibition ‘Algo-r(h)i(y)thms’ at Esther Schipper gallery, about the complexities of these creatures and how they inform his acoustic installations.
- Open Call for POOL 20 International TanzFilmFestival Berlin
- Under Earth Trilogy: An Interview with Ingrid Torvund & Jonas K. Mailand
- A Psychedelic Journey with Yael Bartana
- THE WEEK June 01-07, 2020
- Towards a Decolonial Future at the Biennale of Sydney
- Open Call for LCCA Summer School in Kuldīga, Latvia
- Virtual Viewing: Art to See Online Now
- Storytelling in Isolation: MOMENTUM’s Online Exhibition ‘COVIDecameron’
is a digital magazine focused on contemporary art and culture around the world from a Berlin perspective. Through the publication of studio visits, feature-length articles, exhibition reviews and interviews, we aim to facilitate an ongoing conversation between creative professionals, art enthusiasts, and journalists. The website also serve as a guide to Berlin’s art scene through weekly event postings, gallery guides, open calls for residencies and more. Berlin Art Link is published by MONA.