Argentinian artist Tomás Saraceno’s Berlin studio is a space for experimentation and testing out intricate ideas. It contains a room devoted to his spiders, who form the basis of Saraceno’s ‘Arachnophilia’ project. Since 2006, Saraceno has been engaged in arachnid research from the perspective of the web. We spoke to the artist during his recent exhibition ‘Algo-r(h)i(y)thms’ at Esther Schipper gallery, about the complexities of these creatures and how they inform his acoustic installations.
- THE WEEK Feb. 17-23, 2020
- me Collectors Room Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Special Exhibition
- Open Call for Dlectricity 2020 Festival of Art and Light in Detroit
- Henrik Potter’s ‘Souls’ at PSM Gallery
- Inaugural Henie Onstad Triennial for Photography and New Media Opens This Month
- Environmental Devastation and Colonial Trauma: ‘Presence in the Absence’ at Alexander Levy
- Open Call for Art Inside Out Residency in Sweden
- Berlinale 2020 Forum Expanded Hit List
is a digital magazine focused on contemporary art and culture around the world from a Berlin perspective. Through the publication of studio visits, feature-length articles, exhibition reviews and interviews, we aim to facilitate an ongoing conversation between creative professionals, art enthusiasts, and journalists. The website also serve as a guide to Berlin’s art scene through weekly event postings, gallery guides, open calls for residencies and more. Berlin Art Link is published by MONA.