Almagul Menlibayeva is a Kazakhstan-born artist who lives and works in Kazakhstan and Berlin. She creates a poetic blend of video and performance in a unique setting that brings together topics of Islamic cultural tradition and contemporary art, creating a language of so-called “Romantic Punk Shamanism” to present her view of her surrounding world and cultural history. Menlibayeva’s practice stems from her educational background in the Soviet Russian avant-garde school of Futurism, which she combines with a nomadic aesthetic of post-Soviet, contemporary Kazakhstan. Berlin Art Link sat down with video artist Almagul Menlibayeva (presented by Priska C. Juschka Fine Art) during the 5th Art Dubai Fair in 2011.
- Giveaway: Beatriz Milhazes’ Colorful Expanded Monograph
- Open Call for Ortstermin Art Festival
- THE WEEK Apr. 19–25, 2021
- The Bioerotic Universe: An Interview with Karin Bolender
- Open Call: Art for Black Lives Residency in Palm Springs
- Hidden Patterns: An Interview with Albert-László Barabási
- Are We the People?: An Interview with Lerato Shadi
- Call for Entries: International Photography Exhibition 163
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.