Almagul Menlibayeva is a Kazakhstan-born artist who lives and works in Kazakhstan and Berlin. She creates a poetic blend of video and performance in a unique setting that brings together topics of Islamic cultural tradition and contemporary art, creating a language of so-called “Romantic Punk Shamanism” to present her view of her surrounding world and cultural history. Menlibayeva’s practice stems from her educational background in the Soviet Russian avant-garde school of Futurism, which she combines with a nomadic aesthetic of post-Soviet, contemporary Kazakhstan. Berlin Art Link sat down with video artist Almagul Menlibayeva (presented by Priska C. Juschka Fine Art) during the 5th Art Dubai Fair in 2011.
- Open Call for Submissions to Weserhalle Live Auction
- Healing the Burn: An Interview with The Fire Theory
- The Week October 25–31, 2021
- Perpetual Reconstruction: Working and Playing for Urban Futures
- Fractured Narratives: Julie Mehretu at carlier | gebauer
- The Week October 18–24, 2021
- Enter the Queendom: Dom Pérignon × Lady Gaga at KaDeWe
- Open Call for the Art Explora Residency Program in Paris
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.