‘The Extended Moment’, is the title of the group exhibition with works from Sebastian Diaz Morales, Michel François, Paul Graham, Santu Mofokeng, Andreas Mühe, Paul Pfeiffer and Michael Wesely, currently showing at carlier | gebauer in Kreuzberg. This body of photographic work looks to explore the very nature of photography and the different methodologies artists employ when constructing an image. The tension and uncertainty between realities and a staged scene can be felt amongst the exhibited works. Moments are captured and presented to the viewer through both digital and analog formats, questioning the nature of time and the very reality of things. The exhibition looks at the visual possibilities of the photographic image as well as its limitations. What is being deliberately omitted as well as what remains invisible is a recurring question amongst these curated works. What lies outside the frame is just as important as what lines within it.
- Surrogate Seeing: ‘Kunst Kann’ at Haus am Lützowplatz
- Chaos and Coherence in Ruohan Wang’s Expansive Practice
- Counter-Cartographies: An Interview with Cian Dayrit
- Open Call for Forecast Mentorship 2021–22
- Deep Sea Mining in the Age of Climate Emergency: An Interview with Kristina Õllek
- Open Call for Büchsenhausen Fellowship Program
- Open Call for Amplify Berlin Residency
- Virtual Viewing: Art to See Online Now
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.