‘The Extended Moment’, is the title of the group exhibition with works from Sebastian Diaz Morales, Michel François, Paul Graham, Santu Mofokeng, Andreas Mühe, Paul Pfeiffer and Michael Wesely, currently showing at carlier | gebauer in Kreuzberg. This body of photographic work looks to explore the very nature of photography and the different methodologies artists employ when constructing an image. The tension and uncertainty between realities and a staged scene can be felt amongst the exhibited works. Moments are captured and presented to the viewer through both digital and analog formats, questioning the nature of time and the very reality of things. The exhibition looks at the visual possibilities of the photographic image as well as its limitations. What is being deliberately omitted as well as what remains invisible is a recurring question amongst these curated works. What lies outside the frame is just as important as what lines within it.
- Chasing Intuition: Monilola Olayemi Ilupeju’s ‘Hands Full of Air’ at Galerie im Turm
- Open Call for Berlin Masters 2021
- REAKTOR Potenziale’s Open Call for Concepts
- Ancestral Healing: An Interview with Sara Sejin Chang
- Open Call for the International Fellowship Human-Machine
- BBA Gallery Launches Its 2021 Artist Prize Open Call
- Open Call for Driving the Human 2021
- Prying Geologies: An Interview with Nicholas Mangan
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.