Created to mark the 2019 anniversary, this video profile follows the 30-year history of Esther Schipper’s contemporary art gallery: from its founding in Cologne in 1989, to its relocation and expansion to its current space in Berlin, through collaborations with dozens of artists, including Angela Bulloch, Dominique Gonzalez-Foerster, Liam Gillick, Pierre Huyghe and Philippe Parreno, among many others. MONA created the video profile in collaboration with BoomEar Art Podcast for Financial Times China.
- Over-Determining the Artist: ‘Love, Ren Hang’ at C/O Berlin
- THE WEEK Feb. 17-23, 2020
- me Collectors Room Celebrates 10th Anniversary with Special Exhibition
- Open Call for Dlectricity 2020 Festival of Art and Light in Detroit
- Henrik Potter’s ‘Souls’ at PSM Gallery
- Inaugural Henie Onstad Triennial for Photography and New Media Opens This Month
- Environmental Devastation and Colonial Trauma: ‘Presence in the Absence’ at Alexander Levy
- Open Call for Art Inside Out Residency in Sweden
is a digital magazine focused on contemporary art and culture around the world from a Berlin perspective. Through the publication of studio visits, feature-length articles, exhibition reviews and interviews, we aim to facilitate an ongoing conversation between creative professionals, art enthusiasts, and journalists. The website also serve as a guide to Berlin’s art scene through weekly event postings, gallery guides, open calls for residencies and more. Berlin Art Link is published by MONA.