Jan. 13, 2012
A-I-R Lab at the Centre for Contemporary Art Ujazdowski Castle in Warsaw currently has an open call for their Artist in Residence Laboratory, a three month program dedicated to conducting research through the collaboration of international artists from all disciplines.
The program invites both visual and performance artists as well as those involved in architecture and design to submit their applications. This year’s first residency proposes to tackle the idea of “Images as endangered species”. Those selected will be examining the relationship between people and images in contemporary society.
The residency is offering
▪ Individual living space connected with the working space
▪ Grant of 3000 PLN per month / approx. 700 EUR
▪ Travel costs reimbursement up to 1600 PLN / approx. 370 EUR
▪ Project budget of 3000 PLN / approx. 700 EUR
How to apply
Portfolio (electronic version, preferred format pdf) in English, including:
▪ documentation of selected works
▪ artist’s statement
▪ motivation letter – short explanation why you would like to take part in our program
Additional audio and video materials on CD/DVD please send to:
Open Call, artists-in-residence laboratory
Centrum Sztuki Wspolczesnej Zamek Ujazdowski
ul. Jazdów 2
00-467 Warszawa, Poland
*The submitted materials will not be returned.
For more information check out the website. Please be sure to pass this information along to anyone who might be interested and good luck on you application!