studio das weisse haus is a residency and studio program founded by the art association das weisse haus in 2013 in Vienna, in cooperation with EIKON, International Magazine for Photography and Media Art.
They are offering a residency for an international arts journalist, critic or writer with a focal point in contemporary visual or media arts. The residency will take place from November 10 – November 30, 2014.
In cooperation with EIKON, studio das weisse haus offers the Critic-in-Residence to publish an article on a subject connected to the resident’s stay in Vienna and his/her impressions from the local art environment. The article will appear in one of the first issues of EIKON magazine in 2015.
Guided tours with members of the local art community:
– Three artists, curators or arts journalists will be invited to prepare one day guided tours through local galleries, artists studios, openings and other events and thus introduce the Critic-in-Residence to the local art community from different perspectives
Open Studio Days:
– The working space of the Critic-in-Residence is situated in the studio building, where our local artists and Artists-in-Residence pursue their creative practice. During the residency, one Open Studio Day will take place. The resident is also invited to participate and present his/her work.
studio das weisse haus will organize studio visits, admittance to various events, exhibition preview, guided tours etc. During the residency “Eyes On” (Month of Photography) and the VIENNA ART WEEK 2014 will be taking place.
– a cover of travel expenses: €200 for european residents, €400 for residents coming from a country outside of Europe
– a small financial reward for the published article (amount will depend on the extent of the article)
– a private room in the studio building (shared bathroom and kitchen)
– a working space
– an annual subscription of EIKON magazine
Application Process – Please Provide:
– a document including: full name, date and place of birth, citizenship, address, phone number, email
– a professional CV
– a letter of motivation with a specification of the field of your main interest as an arts journalist (max 2000 characters)
– 2 short writing samples on contemporary art issues (not older than 2 years, max 2000 characters)
– 1 long writing sample on a contemporary art issue (not older than 2 years, max 5000 characters)
All documents must be submitted in English or German. Documents must be attached as seven independent files in doc or pdf in one email.
DEADLINE: AUGUST 15 2014.
Send to: Alexandra Grausam, Klara Stolkova
Subject: Application for studio das weisse haus – Critic-in-Residence
For more information visit studiodwh.wordpress.com
Blog entry in Berlin; Monday, Jul. 28, 2014.