Paris-based multimedia artist Fayçal Baghriche was born in 1972 in Algeria, and is currently based in Paris. As an artist, he is concerned with tracing images that disrupt simple representational identification. Baghriche works primarily in photography, video, performance and sculpture. We spoke with Baghriche at Satellite, a studio space developed in 2011 by American media artist James Clar and curator Rami Farook in Al Serkal, Dubai. Baghriche spent three months at the Satellite residency in March of 2012, during which time he produced two site-specific works commissioned by Art Dubai as part of their A.I.R. residencies program.
- THE WEEK Apr. 12–18, 2021
- Open Call for Curator-In-Residence at Bemis Center
- New Exhibition Series Connects Intergenerational Berlin Artists
- Poetry as Survival Ritual: An Interview with Cana Bilir-Meier About Semra Ertan
- Peles Empire
- THE WEEK Apr. 5–11, 2021
- Studio Voltaire and Loewe Foundation Open Call for London Artist Award
- Gloria Glitzer’s ‘Bliss’ Art Book Comes to Life at einbuch.haus
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.