Lebanese sound artist and composer Tarek Atoui curated a section of 2016's Bergen Assembly, located in the recently closed community swimming pool Sentralbadet. In his piece 'WITHIN', Atoui continued his long-standing exploration of hearing diversities and how deafness can influence the way we experience sound performance. Together with the local deaf community, he interrogated different musical instruments that could address both deaf and hearing people. Accompanying ‘WITHIN’ at Sentralbadet, Atoui invited Paris based curator duo, Council (Grégory Castéra and Sandra Terdjman), to create the exhibition ‘Infinite Ear’, a series of “Sonic Therapies” such as Deep Listening and Sound Massage, a program of screenings and exhibitions looking at inaudible phenomena and objects. 'WITHIN' and 'Infinite Ear' were performed in the context of the Bergen Assembly, a triennial event in Bergen, Norway devoted to contemporary art and research. Additional sections of Bergen Assembly were curated by freethought and Praxes. Berlin Art Link Productions interviewed Tarek Atoui about the concept behind his contribution to this year's event.
- Colonial Histories and Cultural Heritage: Barbara Marcel at Berlinische Galerie’s IBB Video Space
- Political Art for an Uneasy Time: ‘John Heartfield – Photography plus Dynamite’ at Akademie der Künste
- THE WEEK Aug. 03–23, 2020
- STEPHANIE COMILANG
- Subcultural Identities and Modern Myth-Making: An Interview with Victoria E Pullen
- Spatial Listening in MONOM’s Sound Sculpture Gallery
- THE WEEK July 27–Aug. 02, 2020
- Open call for CROSS Award 2020: Production Projects on Territory & Community
is a digital magazine focused on contemporary art and culture around the world from a Berlin perspective. Through the publication of studio visits, feature-length articles, exhibition reviews and interviews, we aim to facilitate an ongoing conversation between creative professionals, art enthusiasts, and journalists. The website also serve as a guide to Berlin’s art scene through weekly event postings, gallery guides, open calls for residencies and more. Berlin Art Link is published by MONA.